SCPA Member Benefits
- We are a friendly, supportive and collegial group of psychologists.
- We have an active and informative listserv for our members to share and obtain valuable information.
- We have an active website with a "Find A Psychologist" database enabling the public to search for psychologists by services, orientation, insurance, and more.
- We offer free, monthly workshops on a variety of relevant, professional topics (APA-approved CE credits available for a nominal fee).
- We offer free mentoring for early career psychologists.
- We publish an informative newsletter twice a year.
- We offer opportunities to become active in the association to advocate for our profession at the local, state and national levels.
- We offer discounts on resources including a legal plan and website design services.
- We hold two social networking events a year.
- We graciously recognize the contributions made by those who call SCPA home!
Membership in the Suffolk County Psychological Association can keep you connected - within the county and beyond. Our organization is a focal point, bringing many agendas and resources into view. As with any dedicated group, we provide an often decisive strength with the voices of our membership concerning important issues that affect us all. Our strength is in our numbers and our numbers are growing. Be a part of SCPA and be heard - every one of our members is our most valuable resource.
To become a part of SCPA, complete our application form and the member information form either online or download, print, complete and mail the PDF to us. The application prints on letter sized paper (8.5 x 11) and is available as a downloadable Adobe® Acrobat® PDF file.
The SCPA Mentoring Program matches early career psychologists with experienced psychologists who will assist them with practice and/or treatment issues. The mentors volunteer their time; there is no charge for this program. Mentors and mentorees usually meet in person or on the phone; they may meet once a month with phone calls as needed or more often. The Coordinator contacts the early career psychologist to find out what they are looking for help with and if they have any specific requests regarding the mentor's practice orientation, etc. and then finds someone they think will be a good match.
If you're interested in learning more, please contact Mary at email@example.com
Dr. Bruce Hillowe, a mental health attorney who formerly practiced as a psychologist, offers a Legal Plan to SCPA members. The cost is $175 for the year and entitles you to an hour of consultation with Dr. Hillowe. You also get a reduced fee for any additional time you may need. Members who have participated said he was a great help when they called him with a legal question.
Website Design, Hosting, SEO, Administration Services
Discounted Rates available for many services from SCPA's website administrator
Eric Larson is a web design professional who has been in the business for over 16 years. His expertise encompasses an array of web based services including: website design/redesign/creation/maintenance, website hosting, email campaigns, social media marketing, and more. He works with clients of all sizes - from large corporations to sole proprietorships, psychological associations to individual psychologists. In fact, if you've visited the SCPA website, you've seen an example of his work.
Eric offers a discounted rate for his services to current SCPA members. Pricing starts at $15/month which includes managed hosting and site updates (and even eventually upgrades/redesigns) and most of the services mentioned above. Need a new website or redesign? He'll give you a fair quote. Each job will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, but Eric will do his best to work with you and your budget.
If you're interested in, or have any questions about website services, would like to inquire about pricing or simply want to ask for advice on "digital marketing" or anything else web-related, learn more at www.bigexpresswebdesign.com/psychologist.asp or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He's always happy to field questions from SCPA members.
Therapist Helper - $300 Discount
Helper is software dedicated to providing practice management, clinical and claims processing solutions to individual and small group private practices. More than 20,000 psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, therapists and social workers use Helper to improve the quality of care for millions of clients. Those solutions include practice management, electronic claims, electronic prescribing, e-learning, and payment processing. SCPA Members receive a special code which provides them with a $300 discount off the "Helper Bundle" which includes the following:
- Helper License for 1 provider
- Assurance Plan for 1 year (Access to technical support, upgrades, and the ClaimsConnect system)
- ClaimsConnect Program (Electronic billing)
Please log in to access the discount code.
10% Discount on CE Credits
The Zur Institute provides CE Credits for Psychologists. CE Credits (CEUs) for LMFTs, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses. The Zur Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. In addition there are free resources available on their website. The Zur institute is offering SCPA members a 10% discount on all CE classes.
Please log in to access the discount code.
Discounts with National Archives Inc.
National Archives, Inc. provides efficient and secure document storage, paper shredding, and document scanning solutions to businesses throughout Long Island, Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan (NYC).
- Any member that signs this agreement for a monthly reoccurring service (archiving their files physically or electronically with us) will receive a 10% discount on all services.
- Any member that hires us for one job or periodic shredding and scanning jobs will receive a 5% discount.
Please note: This offer is only valid for new accounts that do not already work with us.
Please log in to access the discount code and download the Storage and Service Proposal & Agreement
Discount at the Commack Mattress Firm
Mattress Firm in Commack (located near Costco) has offered SCPA members a minimum 15% discount for SCPA Members. To get the discount members MUST make the purchase through the store at: 6 Garet Place, Commack, NY 11725 - (631) 462-1830
The offerings/discounts featured on this page are provided only for your convenience. SCPA makes no representations regarding the services/products provided. Your use of any service/product is solely at your own risk. These entities/individuals have either advertised in SCPA publications or have been recommended by individual SCPA members. No remuneration has been sought or paid for these listings.