Links to psychology, mental health, and general interest sites...
HYPERLINK DISCLAIMER: The hypertext links or pointers to websites outside of www.suffolkpsych.org displayed on this website are for your convenience and go to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. The Suffolk County Psychological Association does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. Further, the inclusion of links or pointers to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services offered, on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites.
Attention, Breathing, Relaxation, during Action (ABRA) Video
In this 23 minute long video presented by Stony Brook University Krasner Psychological Center, 6 yoga-inspired breathing poses are taught.
- Free Research Treatment for Problem Drinking: Sponsored by the National Institute of Health, Adaptive Interventions is a clinical research study for individuals thinking about reducing or stopping drinking. Participation includes a comprehensive drinking assessment and periodic follow-up assessments; the use of mobile applications, including brief daily surveys; and brief therapeutic interventions that may include Brief Advice, Motivational Interviewing, or Behavioral Self-Control Therapy. Study recruits actively participate over the course of 13 weeks, and are given a follow-up assessment at the 24th week. To learn more and to take an on-line eligibility screen, please visit us here.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- All About Depression
- Men and Depression - sponsored by National Institute of Mental Health
- Authentic Happiness, using the new positive psychology
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Families in Support of Treatment
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Get Smart About Drugs - A DEA resource for parents, teens and educators aimed at providing information about drug use and how to help prevent it.
- College Drinking Prevention - A comprehensive resource providing information and statistics on alcohol abuse issues and binge drinking problems among college students.
- Caron Treatment Center Family Support Groups
- International Eating Disorder Association
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Eating Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Postpartum Resource Center of NY - The Postpartum Resource Center Of NY, Inc. is a self-help organization established to provide emotional support, information and professional or support group referrals to mothers suffering from postpartum depression. They are a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to increasing community involvement and awareness of the various types of emotional disorders a woman can experience during pregnancy and the postpartum period.
- Med Ed PPD
- Long Island Exchange - Find regional information, local news, weather, events, and more.
- APA Psychology Graduate School Resource
- APA Psychology Undergraduate School Resource
- Hospice Net
- Mayo Health Clinic
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Universal Health Care Action Network
- National Cancer Institute-Smoking Cessation
Marriage and Relationship Therapy
Mental Health Association of Suffolk
Mental Health Clinics
NFL Athletes and Families
- NFL Lifeline - In 2012, the National Football League provided a grant to establish the NFL Life Line for members of the NFL family—current and former NFL players, coaches, team and league staff, and their family members who may be in crisis. The NFL Life Line is a free, confidential, and independently operated resource that connects callers with trained counselors who can help individuals work through any personal or emotional crisis. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- OnTrackNY is an innovative treatment program for adolescents and young adults who have had unusual thoughts and behaviors, or who have started hearing or seeing things that others don’t. OnTrackNY helps people achieve their goals for school, work, and relationships. Programs are located throughout New York State.
- scpa.podomatic.com - Home of SCPA's own "Psyched Up" podcast
Buros testing information at http://www.cps.nova.edu/~cpphelp (fees are associated with this website)
- NYS Office of the Professions - Online verification of psychologists' licenses
- New York State Department of Health Complaints and Appeals
- New York State Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- Nassau County Psychological Association
- www.incrisis.org - For parents to get an online mental health "report card" for children 11 to 17 years old based on what you see and know. The screening is available at no charge to support schools and promote adolescent mental health.
Trauma/Crisis Prevention and Response
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Preventing Suicide
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- The Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- Stop a Suicide Today
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center